You are currently not Logged in or registered with us. To see all content and have permission to post and have access to more exciting tings, you need to be registered with us. If you are not, please click the Register link in the Navigation Bar. Thanks from the Admin team.
You are currently not Logged in or registered with us. To see all content and have permission to post and have access to more exciting tings, you need to be registered with us. If you are not, please click the Register link in the Navigation Bar. Thanks from the Admin team.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Website  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Gallery
Global Warming, do you believe it or not? Empty
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Admin
Global Warming, do you believe it or not? Vote_lcapGlobal Warming, do you believe it or not? Voting_barGlobal Warming, do you believe it or not? Vote_rcap 
weathermaster
Global Warming, do you believe it or not? Vote_lcapGlobal Warming, do you believe it or not? Voting_barGlobal Warming, do you believe it or not? Vote_rcap 
Mark
Zachary
Calum
Paul
stuart
magic
Nick2702
Lightningboy
El Nino/La Nina Index
Global Warming, do you believe it or not? Elninometer+12

Global Warming, do you believe it or not?

Go down 
+2
Zachary
Admin
6 posters

Global Warming- Real or Fake?
I think it is Real.
Global Warming, do you believe it or not? Vote_lcap33%Global Warming, do you believe it or not? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
I dont believe in it.
Global Warming, do you believe it or not? Vote_lcap33%Global Warming, do you believe it or not? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
Im unsure.
 33% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Global Warming, do you believe it or not?   Global Warming, do you believe it or not? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 4:58 am

It is a recurring topic that probably annoys many of us. The media convince us that we must change our lives very soon to limit the damage we are already doing.

Do you believe it is actually happening or not?

Discuss here. Surprised
Back to top Go down
https://weatherconnect.forumotion.com
Zachary

Zachary

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming, do you believe it or not?   Global Warming, do you believe it or not? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 10:52 am

No why should I?
Back to top Go down
weathermaster

weathermaster

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming, do you believe it or not?   Global Warming, do you believe it or not? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 10:56 am

I believe in climate change but not global WARMING.
Back to top Go down
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming, do you believe it or not?   Global Warming, do you believe it or not? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 12:50 pm

Thats interesting Sean, how do you think the climate is changing if its not warming? Do you think its the world is cooling?

Can't say i believe the world is cooling but it is certainly warming up, i'm skeptical about the Arctic becoming ice free in X number of years but i do feel temperatures are on the rise globally but whether it will impact on the UK weather in terms of a warming up sence is uncertain though. A warming planet does not gurantee a hot dry summer and a mild wet winter.
Back to top Go down
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming, do you believe it or not?   Global Warming, do you believe it or not? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 12:59 pm

I wonder if the warmest Jan 2010 on record (globally) is enough to prove the globe is still warming. The El Nino year of 98 was the reason 97/98 was the warmest year on record (the lack of strong El nino has meant temps were cooler in the 2000's) They was fluctuating. So no real trend. Top end Feb likely?

El Nino responsible for this Jan
Back to top Go down
http://www.weatherconnect.co.uk
weathermaster

weathermaster

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming, do you believe it or not?   Global Warming, do you believe it or not? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 1:22 pm

I think its cooling because this winter was very cold. But its also warm at times aswell so its like going both ways.
Back to top Go down
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming, do you believe it or not?   Global Warming, do you believe it or not? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 1:24 pm

But you have it to look at it Globally, globally it was one of warmest winters/summers on record (both hemispheres)
Back to top Go down
weathermaster

weathermaster

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming, do you believe it or not?   Global Warming, do you believe it or not? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 1:25 pm

How come America had these snow storms? I heard tropical places had snow aswell. Which is very rare.
Back to top Go down
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming, do you believe it or not?   Global Warming, do you believe it or not? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 1:30 pm

America always get snowstorms though Sean, its just the sheer volume of snow that makes it newsworthy.

Just because global warming is occuring does not mean we can't get cold weather to occur in western europe.
Back to top Go down
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming, do you believe it or not?   Global Warming, do you believe it or not? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 1:31 pm

How come Vancouver had to import snow for the winter olympics! There's been unusual weather patterns this year. The strong El Nino and the record strong -AO has lead to some intense cold in places. We have been on the right side of the blocking. Other areas such as southern Europe have been much milder. The Jet stream taking lows much further South. Interestingly El Nino seems to be fading. I suspect a cold start to spring is possible (for us) with the current state of the stratosphere!
Back to top Go down
weathermaster

weathermaster

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming, do you believe it or not?   Global Warming, do you believe it or not? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 2:04 pm

Yeah but I heard some states in America got snow where theres no records in the last few 100 years of any!
Back to top Go down
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming, do you believe it or not?   Global Warming, do you believe it or not? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 3:26 pm

Warmer oceans, more moisture, angle of the jet, bumping into cold air?
Back to top Go down
Nick2702

Nick2702

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming, do you believe it or not?   Global Warming, do you believe it or not? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 3:32 pm

There is no doubt that our planet has warmed over the past century. What I have doubts about, however, is what has caused it. Personally, I feel we should take the "better be safe than sorry" route and take action now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming, do you believe it or not?   Global Warming, do you believe it or not? Empty

Back to top Go down

Global Warming, do you believe it or not?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Weather Discussion :: Climate Change-
Jump to: